Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Overcoming the world

Overcoming the world....seems like such a difficult thing some days. Yet God has promised that we can overcome the world. We do not have to live under control of it's false philosophies. Rather, we can live a life that is glorifying to Him by the power of the Holy Spirit. Today we will begin talking about what ways we have overcome the world. We'll give some personal examples as well as try to help you see the confidence you can have to overcome the devil through Christ.

4 comments:

~katie~ said...

Oooh...this sounds like a wondeful study! I admit I can get so easily discouraged these days in many areas of life, but Christ has given us the victory and the tools to overcome!! Great topic! Keep up the great work as you serve our Lord ladies! I appreciate your ministry!

Blessings,
Katie

Sarah said...

Katie,
Studying God's Word is truly a blessing and the more I dig into the Word, the more I find so many treasures that help me in my walk with God. Keeping God's perspective and the knowledge of His sovereign control of ALL things helps me in times where I'm tempted to be discouraged. Knowing that I can call on Him for grace in time of need is a blessing and I'm thankful for His provision of grace. Thanks for your encouraging words.
Because of Christ,
Sarah

ralph/barb said...

Thank you for the beautiful update of your blog. I listen to the archives when I am ironing in our computer room. I have shared your link with many ladies. Thank you for your gentle spirits. Barb - A listening lady in Saint Croix Falls, Wisconsin

Pam said...

Barbara,
I also appreciate all the work that Sarah puts into our blog. It is a blessing to be able to communicate with others about God's word. Thankyou for your encouragement! I hope you will feel free to join in with us and share your insights as we study together.
Walk with the Lord and be a blessing!

Pam