Thursday, January 20, 2011

Showing Love

Today we talk about how we can be loving and kind AND still refuse to accept false teachers. That is a hard thought! I don't know about you, but when one is trying to get me to accept a false belief, I am tempted to get pretty huffy quick! Yes, it is good to stand up for God's truth and turn from any false belief. However, it is so important that as we refuse to accept a false way, that we do show love. Here's a few thoughts we share today:
  1. Remember Ephesians 4:32 - be kind to others.
  2. Use Scripture to defend your belief. Don't just say, "I think," but rather say, "God says."
  3. Look at them as Christ does...an unbeliever who needs the Savior. You may be the first person they have met who is a Christian.
  4. Don't take it personal. They will answer to God someday for their rejection of the Truth!

Let us know your experience(s) with dealing those who believed falsely. What did you say? Was it hard to show love and kindess? How can we better prepare ourselves for future interaction with people such as these?

4 comments:

Jessica Kramasz said...

Hi ladies! I've never contacted you before, but I love your program. It has been such a blessing to me.
Do you know when the programs from this week will be on the website? I can't wait to hear them. The last one there is from the 14th.
Thanks,
Jessica

Sarah said...

Hi Jessica,
Thanks for writing! And thank you for the encourgament too! We always appreciate hearing from those who listen to the program.

As far as the archives are concerned, WCTS radio maintains the archives for us. I've contacted the station regarding the archives and will respond here again when I hear from them.

Sarah

Sarah said...

Jessica,
It looks like the audio is caught up on the archive site now. Hope you'll get a chance to listen to last week's broadcasts. Thanks for listening and writing in!
Sarah

Jessica Kramasz said...

Thank you for your help, I can't wait to hear them!