Monday, May 9, 2011

Ecclesiastes - Chapter 3 "There is a time"

As we move on today in our study of Ecclesiastes, Warren Wiersbe in Be Satisfied gives this outline for chapter 3.
  • Look up: God orders time (vs. 1-8)
  • Look within: Eternity in your heart (9-15)
  • Look ahead: Death is coming to all (16-22)

We begin in verses 1-8 which is a more familiar section of this book. Solomon now turns his attention to sharing some facts about God's sovereignty as it relates to time, events and emotions. Over the next few days we'll be talking about the things Solomon is contrasting and what spiritual truths these contrasts can have on us. Please share with us any thoughts you have as you study with us.

1 comment:

Jerry & Susan said...

In reading and listening through Ecclesiatstes and 'a time for...' and knowing God is sovereign through all things in our lives;
I lost my job in the medical field 2 yrs. ago during a 'clearing of house' with new ownership, shortly after getting married (second marriage). Since then I've been doing all I can to find work in whatever I can do and even this week thought I may have a job. Many I've tried for I've been told I am over qualified for and that they fear I will leave when a better offer comes along. Now my husband and I are suffering financially with this loss of income and many other factors have come into the picture that contribute during the selling of my home. A big part of me loves staying home and caring for our combined 3 children, yet I know we need the 2 incomes. My husband is loving my being at home even if we struggle greatly. With all this said; I want to honor God and my husband and am trusting God is in control. I would like to take a break or quit looking for the summer. "A time to seek and a time to lose" What comments can you offer?