Monday, January 26, 2009

The Beginning

Welcome to the first broadcast week of Women in the Word! Pam, Sarah and I began recording in August 2008, although the process actually began in February of 2008. My husband, Jeff challenged me to pray about and consider a radio ministry after a conversation with Kimball Cummings, the WCTS station manager, when he shared his burden for more ladies content on the radio station. My first thought was "there is no way!" God has shown me over the years if I will trust Him, submit to Him, and follow Jeff's leading then God can be glorified. You can actually hear the fear in our voices as you listen this week. We have learned so much about the radio recording process with Kimball's patient help, about each other (what sweet sisters God has provided!) and about our loving Lord's sustaining strength as we have sought to study and then share what God is teaching us through His Word. Our burden for the broadcast is to encourage ladies first to go to God's Word as their source for all of life and then to take the next step and actually incorporate or apply all of God's principles found in His Word. We started with the Titus 2 passage because we long for women to reach out and strengthen one another as God tells us to teach other women how to love others. We would like to ask you to pray for this ministry. We are asking the Lord to use His Word to challenge the hearts and lives of those who hear the broadcast to truly be Women in the Word. Rebecca, Romans 11:36

8 comments:

Natilee said...

I am truly delighted and thanking the Lord for this upcoming program. It is my prayer that those who listen will seek to become more like He is, be strengthened in their walk with Him, and come alongside others to encourage them in their walk as well. May we be women who sharpen each other as Proverbs 27:17 states, "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."

Rebecca said...

Thank you! That is our hearts desire also.

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone!

It is 10:00 a.m. on the first day of the broadcast...30 minutes to go. I put the finishing touches on an open and close during the weekend. The program sounds good and really reaches you as you get into it. I'm looking forward to hearing of the blessings from our listeners. Thank you Pam, Rebecca, and Sarah.

Kimball Cummings Jr.
General Manager
WCTS Radio

Anonymous said...

Beautiful program. I'm excited to for this opportunity to study Scripture together, even on the other side of the world!
Love,
Gloria Ormiston

Beth said...

This was a blessing to hear this morning! I know it's been a lot of work. Thank you for your diligent study and faithfulness to this ministry. I'm looking forward to incorporating it into a daily quiet time with my little ones at home. Thanks again and I'm looking forward to hearing more!

Sarah said...

Thanks for your comments. We are encouraged to know that you are listening and looking forward to the time of study. We truly hope that this study will be an encouragment and challenge to you.

Anonymous said...

I've been excited about the program ever since I heard it would air. It's great to hear from two ladies who have been serving the Lord for many years. I'm glad Sarah can join Pam and Rebecca, especially as my husband and I are expecting our first in March.

I really appreciate how the discussion revolves so closely around Scripture. The application points are good, too.

The recommended reading list has some great titles on it. Thanks WCTS!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lisa!
Rebecca