Monday, June 29, 2009

The Blessing of Walking in the Light

1 John 1:7 says "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin." What are the blessings of walking in the light? 1) Fellowship with one another - the sweetness of walking together with other believers is truly a blessing! 2) Deliverance from sin - Christ living and abiding in me! 3) Cleansing from sin - the promise of forgiveness from our sin! Let these blessings be an encouragement to you today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I teach a special ed sunday school class. I have added a 2nd verse to the kids song "The B I B L E".

The B L O O D that Jesus shed for me

I stand alone on the cornerstone the B L O O D the blood.

We then say part of the verse
I Jn. 1:7
and the blood of Christ His Son cleansenth us from all sin.

Since I have been doing this now for years almost every Sunday some of the special ed men are quoting the verse ahead of me.

I have reasently witnessed a couple of the men telling other people about Jesus and either using or trying to use that verse when they were witnessing to a friend and another telling a stranger about Jesus.

This recent develement has been an encouragement of me to keep using this godly twist to an old song.

from Rodger House
in Oklahoma City
faithandhope5000@att.net

Sarah said...

Thank you for your thoughts here. What a neat 2nd verse to the song! God bless you in your ministry!